Phase 1 - Registration
Register a team using the link HERE.
To complete registration, groups only need to indicate their educator and student participant contact information.
Phase 2 - Develop, Demo, Pitch Group Reflection
*Please note only teams who have been notified of meeting the requirements in Phase 1 should proceed to Phase 2. If you have not been notified of the status for your team by November 30th, email firstname.lastname@example.org*
There are 3 components for the Phase 2 submission.
- App Pitch + Demo
- *Hint- To maximize your time, make the pitch succinct.
- Must be in English or include English subtitles.
- Must show all the app features.
- Indicate how the app will address the intended problem.
- Group Reflection- Answer 3 out of the 6- The diversity questions is mandatory for each group.
- Define some of your most challenging moments. What made them challenging?
- When did you realize that your group came up with the final best solution?
- What soft skills did your team utilize that helped you overcome obstacles. Name and describe at least three.
- What were the greatest strengths and weaknesses displayed in your group? Name and describe at least two for each.
- How will each of you use what you have learned to assist in your professional development?
- How did your team demonstrate and utilize diversity and inclusivity (i.e., race/ethnicity, gender, neurodiversity, age, culture, language, subject area of expertise) to develop your app?-
- *Please note-each team member must speak in the group reflection video. *
- Upload your APK file to Devpost
Teams will submit a two-part video that includes the App pitch, demo, and group reflection. The video should be no longer than 5 minutes. The video should be uploaded to YouTube, and the link should be added to the group submission form. All competition materials are due by March 22, 2021, at 11:59 pm. Student groups that miss the deadline will not be entered in the final round of judging.
All teams moving forward to phase 2 will be assigned a Ready, Set, App! Student Mentor. Student groups will be appointed an RSA intern who will assist in the app development process. Student groups will coordinate times to conduct virtual check-ins using the Zoom conference platform, with the designated intern that will last ~30 minutes. The check-ins are required to meet the guidelines of the competition. In the case, a group misses more than three check-ins with no communication within at least 24 hours, they will no longer be able to compete in RSA. Teams will also be given a project workbook. The project workbook will be accessible via google docs and will assist in the app development process. The workbook will be utilized during check-ins with their designated mentor. It is required for students to complete indicated activities within the project workbook.
Phase 3 - Finalist Round
After the Phase 2 submission deadline, we will select one finalist group and the runner up from each NC State Board of Education District, for a total of sixteen groups. They will be notified by April 2, 2021. Finalists have until April 7, 2021, to accept or deny the invitation to present at the Virtual Pitch Competition.
The finalists will be required to present their mobile app in front of a virtual audience and a group of judges who will select the top 3 winners. More details to come.